Happy New Year Everyone!
I realize I’ve been quieter than usual on the blog and its been for the usual reasons: illness, family, work, and social life. 2016 was an uncommonly stressful year for me, and according to various internet memes, I’m not the only one who feels that way.
But now its 2017 and I can finally reveal that I went on a crazy stress/sugar-high/cold medicine shopping spree on December 16th that completely violated the “can’t buy anything on your Christmas list” pact Nat enforces with the family :p (and yes, I am possibly the worst person to buy for at Christmas … but more on that another time).
And voila my December 2016 haul:
As you can see from the picture above I clearly decided to take advantage of Sephora’s amazing mid December sale.
- TWO Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Kits (why two? because I misclicked – that’s why!)
- BareMinerals Be Beautiful Ready Face and Eye palette (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!)
- Marc Jacob Beauty Object of Desire Face and Eye palette (LOVE everything but the case. It is crazy bulky and I really don’t understand the need for the oversize tassel!)
- Clinique Honey, Honey Lip Set (Overall I find this kit underwhelming but it is a nice change from all the thick mattes on the market right now. The lippies are all very wearable and light so I’m sure I’ll get good use out of this set … but it’s still ho-hum!)
- Bobbi Brown Luxe Eye Edition Shadow and Long Wear Eye Liner Set (I haven’t even gotten a chance to use this set yet but I’m excited to explore the pot gel eyeliner application methods)
- Clinique Very Honey Holiday Eye Palette (This item was not on sale but I wanted it sooo bad. My mom got me a Clinique Holiday Eye Palette set over 10 years ago and I still miss it even after tossing it and hitting pan! I haven’t road tested this palette either but I’m excited. Plus it will pair soooooo well with my Clinique lip set!)
Wow, just taking the time to sit down and write about all these awesome goodies is making me excited for 2017! I don’t mind sharing with you that the theme of my New Years Resolutions was to take care of myself. For me that means slowing down and taking time to plan out how I’m going to optimize my health and habits to make 2017 the year I feel like I’m getting my sh*t together!
And until that happens, I know that a few impulse buys from Sephora will keep me going!
What are your New Year Resolutions? Do you have beauty specific ones?