Well I gotta say it’s been a crazy few months. Between starting a new job, having a baby who is catching every flu bug, getting every flu bug myself, and a household that needs me – it’s been insane. I let myself and my hobbies get lost in the calamity.
I missed the blog. It actually surprised me how much I missed writing down my thoughts on beauty and any tips, tricks, or fails I had experienced. While make-up, grooming, and beauty can no longer be as high of a priority as it had once been, I realize that this writing process and taking the time to groom myself makes me happy.
We all get busy but we need to take the time to nurture ourselves. My husband remarked that he can always tell when I’m overwhelmed because I let painting my nails slide. Unpainted nails may not seem like a big deal, but it represents that I haven’t found 20-30 minutes for myself in a 24 hour day.
I fully realize #firstworldproblems is appropriate for this post, but those are my feelings and I’m not ashamed to share them. I know I can’t be the only one who has a very blessed life but still gets a little overwhelmed sometimes.
Once I had caught up on other priorities I had let slide, I started to build back up to those selfish/indulgent 20-30 minutes for myself again. Here’s what I did to nurture my inner beauty diva.
- I started slow since I didn’t really know when I would be immediately needed again. So I started by taking the time to rub cream into my parched feet and put on those really cozy slipper socks (5 minutes)
- A quick face mask helped calm down my stressed skin and mind (10-20 mins)
- A bath bomb is indulgent and fun! (15-20 minutes depending how fast your tub fills)
- I started painting my nails again in light colors so no one could really tell if there was a small chip. (20-30 mins)
- I went to get a clear polish pedicure at a nail bar near my work during my neglected lunch breaks. (30 mins – 40 mins including walking time)
What helps you to feel better when you get overwhelmed?