Sephora, we can all agree that it is the Queen of makeup places, we all know it, we all spend too much money in it and we all can’t get enough if it! I haven’t tried everything in the store of course but from what I have tried, loved, liked, disliked and hated, I pulled 11 items that I think are must-haves. Yes there are a lot of lippies, I love lip products! Hope you enjoy! Leave me below your top must-have items that I should try!!
1. Sephora Cream Lip Stain ($16): It took me a long time to try a liquid lipstick because I was afraid they were very drying. This one is cheaper some others (like Kat Von D and Stila) and they are very good (not drying!). 13 Marvelous Mauve is what I am waiting to get my hands on, it is always sold out. I got the shade 05 Infinite Rose and it is beautiful.
2. Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette ($59): It’s just a classic. I waiting a while to get it and once I did, I was happy I did. You can create tons of looks with this palette and it is for one of the best neutral palettes out there. Plus it smells like chocolate. ‘nough said.
3. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Tulip ($26): Not looking for a full on lipstick and going out for the day in the summer sun, this is perfect. We often forget to protect our lips from the sun and we should. Here is the solution. These feel extra hydrating and have a good range of colours. Good for a natural day or no-makeup day. Lips protected. Done.
4. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anita ($37): Yes, it’s expensive, but I swear it’s worth it. Everyone raves about the colour Anna but I like Anita better, its more browny pink nude and just amazing. It works with many many many different looks (try it with the Chocolate Bar and you are all set).
5. Clinique Cheek Pop Blushes ($24): I love these for the range of colours and for the nice glow they give. Buildable and perfect for everyday looks. My favs are Heather Pop, Ginger Pop and Pansy Pop. For more on these, check out my post!
6. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray ($15-$36): You’ve spent all that time doing your makeup and you want it to last all day. If you are like me, a 8-4 working woman, sometimes your makeup has to last literally all day. I do my makeup at 6:30 am and sometimes have plans after work and coming back after 8pm so that’s almost 14h of wear… A setting spray helps it last.
7. A Beauty Blender ($26): I know, this isn’t technically a makeup item, but I still had to add it. You haven’t applied foundation or concealer until you have tried a beauty blender, not a knock off, the real deal. Try it out, it gives a natural finish and look.
8. Kat Von D Shade Light Contour Palette ($55): Contour is all the rage lately and even if I am not a huge contour person, but this is great. I use it to bronze, carve my cheeks on the days I feel like it, and to set my under eye. I use it daily if not only to set my under eye. If you follow Kat Von D Beauty on Instagram you know that she is making version 2.0 of this palette.
9. Bite Beauty High Pigment Crayon ($28): It wouldn’t be a must-have without a Bite Beauty product. These have great pigmentation, they are comfortable, not dry and just all around the best pencils.
10. Urban Decay Naked Basics ($34): The reason I think it’s a must-have is because it is very versitale. May not look like it but it is. It is small enough to travel with, so it makes it a travel essential, you need a crease colour, bam it has it, you need a black, bam it has it, you need a matte under brow highlight, bam it has it, you need a shimmery inner corner highlight, bam it has it. So you get it, it has everything to compliment any palette or your favourite single to complete a look.
11. Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in Dolly or White Russian ($23): If you like a tingly lipgloss, you need this one. They smell amazing, feel great on the lips, a little sticky but not too much that it bothers me. White Russian is a cult classic because it is a great topper but also awesome on its on for a natural day look. Dolly is the same but more pink. Love these.
Hope you enjoyed!!