A couple weeks ago, I posted a Marcelle Haul to show the items that I got on sale on their website. I have been trying these items to be able to do a review for you guys! What’s even better about these is that Marcelle is a Canadian brand.
The second item featured in this review are the Eye Make-Up Remover Pads.
These thick and luxurious pads gently remove make, even the long-wear. They are enriched with aloe vera, known for its soothing, moisturizing and nourishing properties, as well as cucumber extract for its moisturizing, regenerating and purifying properties.
The no-rinse formula is non irritating and refreshing, ideal for sensitive eyes
The Facts: The container sells for $9.95 and contains 80 pads (which makes them about $0.12/pad). They are 100% Hypo-Allergenic and perfume free, oil free, paraben free, gluten free and recognized by the Canadian Dermatologist Association (CDA).
Using the Pads: I expected that the pad itself would be very hard to get out of the container because it would be thin, but it is not. they are not lying when they say the pads are “thick and luxurious”. They are easy to grab, are a good size for the eyes and easy to use.
I used these only on my eyes and used my regular cleanser to remove the rest of my makeup.
How does it perform?
- One of the most important things is that it does not irritate the eyes. I have sensitive, dry eyes and I haven’t had any issues using these pads every day for 2 weeks.
- As you can see from the pictures below, it removes like a mother! I was wearing waterproof mascara that day and you can see the black parts, that’s what it is! It didn’t take it all off, but the combination of this pad with my regular remover, I was able to get it off completely without using one of those oily waterproof makeup removers.
The Nitty Gritty:
- I have added these parts as part of my regular removing makeup routine because they are so soft of the eyes.
- I love no rinse products so this fits the bill.
- It leaves the skin feel refreshed and it does not leave a greasy feeling on the eye.
- Only down side is it removed a few hairs on my eyebrows. So I don’t use them for that anymore and problem solved. No eyelashes were harmed during the testing of this product.
Would I Repurchase? Yes I would. Normally, I do not like the one time use makeup remover pads cause I find them expensive (so I get value packs at Costco), but I don’t find these very expensive, especially if you wait for a sale. For example, recently, Marcelle had 40% off the entire site in honour of International Women’s Day, which would make them $5.97.
There is a reason why Marcelle is recognized for makeup removal products!